Sunday, December 27, 2020

Neil Young - Homegrown (1975)

This is one of those albums that everyone knows about but no-one has ever heard, as Young has kept these songs firmly under wraps, just teasing us every so often by telling us that he is going to release it as part of his 'Archives' series  Different track listing abound, and this is an amalgamation of those that I thought looked most likely to have been considered. I've managed to find all the tracks bar two, mostly studio versions, but where they don't exist I've used live tracks from the correct period, and I've tried to edit them so that they don't sound live, by cutting out audience noise at the beginning, and fading at the end if it didn't sound too contrived. Apparently cover art was drawn up, although I've only found this on Wikipedia, so I'm not sure if it is genuine or not, but I like it anyway.




Track listing

01 Star Of Bethlehem
02 Try
03 Homefires
04 Little Wing
05 The Old Homestead
06 Pardon My Heart
07 Homegrown
08 Give Me Strength
09 Love Art Blues
10 White Line
11 Kansas
12 Separate Ways

3 comments:

  1. I have my own Neil Young series that will start on my blog. Feel free to have a gander: https://bigmrbee914.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete