Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Who - Rock Is Dead...Long Live Rock (1972)

The Who have recorded more albums that have subsequently been shelved than any other band that I know of. This one should have followed 'Tommy' and 'Who's Next', but come before 'Quadrophenia'. Apparently the original idea was for each member of the band to have one side of the album to themselves, but it didn't quite come off, so this imagining condenses it down to one song each, even though Roger Daltry's song was actually not written by him, but by Leo Sayer and David Courtney. I’m quite pleased with the cover, as having the band in a graveyard seems to suit the album perfectly.



Track listing

01 Long Live Rock
02 Put the Money Down
03 Relay
04 Is It In My Head?
05 Join Together
06 When I Was a Boy 
07 Can't You See I'm Easy 
08 Wasp Man
09 Giving It All Away 
10 Love Reign O'er Me 
11 Long Live Rock (Reprise)


No comments:

Post a Comment