Sunday, December 27, 2020

Nazareth - Storm Warning (1977)

I've always had a soft spot for Nazareth, as they were pretty much my introduction to heavy rock in the early 70's. They had one of the great rock singers in Dan McCafferty, and their music was heavy, but with enough pop nous to get them into the singles chart on a regular basis. I didn't buy many of their singles, as nearly all of the songs were available on the albums, so I may have missed out on the odd exclusive b-side at the time, but the band actually did do a lot of recycling, with many of the b-sides of their singles in 1973 and 1974 being songs from their first two album from 1971 and 1972. However, they did release a few songs as b-sides which never made it to album, as well as a couple of stand-alone singles, and so I've gathered them all together, along with a couple of previously unreleased songs from the same period which appeared on the excellent Naz Box album, to make up an approximation of a new Nazareth album from somewhere between 1975 and 1977.  



Track Listing

01 If You See My Baby (debut single 1973)
02 Hard Living (b-side of 'If You See My Baby')
03 Spinning Top (b-side of 'Morning Dew')
04 Friends (b-side of 'Dear John')
05 Down (b-side of 'Love Hurts')
06 Holy Roller (single 1975)
07 Railroad Boy (b-side of 'Holy Roller')
08 My White Bicycle (single 1975)
09 Greens (b-side of 'Gone Dead Train')
10 Snaefell (Previously unreleased)
11 Desolation Road (b-side of 'Gone Dead Train')
12 Paper Sun (Previously unreleased)
13 Storm Warning (Previously unreleased)


1 comment: