Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Beatles - Tuned To A Natural E (2009)

Back in 2003 a band of Beatles fans got together and formed the Beatles Remixers Group, with the intention of producing some radical remixes of Beatles songs for their own amusement. Some time later they'd amassed enough material to produce a seven CD box set of what they'd done, and being the massive Beatles fan that I am I grabbed them when I saw them, which was just as well as they now seemed to have vanished completely from the net. After ploughing my way through all seven CD's I found that some of the tracks were brilliantly inventive, while other didn't work quite so well, so eventually I decided to take my favourite tracks from the set and put them all on one CD, which is what you have here. So if you are a Beatles fan who wants to hear 'Help' with a mariachi backing, 'Eleanor Rigby' with panpipes, 'Fixing A Hole' and 'It's Getting Better' interlaced, or a full version of the 'Abbey Road' medley section 'Nowhere To Go' then you're in the right place. However, the piece de resistance is the final track, 'The End Megamix', which is quite simply one of best remixes that I've ever heard. It's ten and half minutes of magic, which flys by so quickly that you won't believe it when it's over, and you just want to put it on again straight away. The person who made this deserves a medal. Full notes about all the samples are included in the download.



Track listing

01 Tuned To A Natural E
02 There's A Place
03 Drive My What You're Doing Car  
04 HELP!
05 Crazy Girl  
06 You've Got To Hide Your Love Away          
07 Fixing To Get Better          
08 12-Bar Un-Original                 
09 Carnival Of Lights         
10 Eleanor Rigby
11 Tomorrow Never Knoise           
12 For No One In My Life     
13 Blue Jay Way
14 Revolution 1 - Ultimate Mix
15 Pepperland Time
16 Here Comes The Sun
17 Wah Wah Instrumental     
18 Nowhere To Go
19 Gone Are Tomorrow's Days
20 Lennon Recollections
21 Real Love
22 She's Leaving Yesterday   
23 Tax My Car   
24 Pity Jude   
25 The End (Megamix)  

     

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this series too. I think I only had up to vol. 5 though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. how to wash vegetables and fruit naturally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I’ve only just discovered your blog & am really enjoying the posts - both writing & music.
    Can you repost this (& Tin Machine) as non zippyshare files, please.

    Thanks

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this gem. I wish I was around for the whole thing. "Girl" left me grinning from ear to ear.
    HDN

    ReplyDelete