Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Moody Blues - From The Bottom Of Our Hearts (1967)

My first post from The Moody Blues featured songs recorded while they were transforming from an R'n'B/pop group to a more progressive sound, and so for this one we go right back to the beginning, to just after the release of their break-through single 'Go Now'. After that record topped the charts the band carried on releasing singles, but none of them ever repeated the phenomenal success of that debut. That's not to say that the songs themselves were no good, as most of them were excellent examples of the then current pop and Rn'B sound, but they just didn't have that spark that 'Go Now' possessed. This album collects together all those singles, from 'Go Now' onwards, right up to the often rumoured-to-be-cancelled 'Life's Not Life' from 1967, after which the addition of John Lodge and Justin Hayward allowed them to move into a more progressive style, heralded by the 'Fly Me High' single of that same year. 



Track listing

01 It’s Easy Child (b-side of 'Go Now!' 1964
02 Steal Your Love Away (single 1964)
03 Lose Your Money (But Don’t Lose Your Mind) (b-side of 'Steal Your Love Away')
04 I Don't Want To Go On Without You (single 1965)
05 Time is On My Side (b-side of 'I Don't Want To Go On Without You')
06 23rd Psalm (Previously unreleased)
07 From the Bottom Of My Heart (I Love You) (single 1965)
08 And My Baby’s Gone (b-side of 'From The Bottom Of My Heart')
09 Everyday (single 1965)
10 You Don't (All The Time) (b-side of 'Everyday')
11 I Want To Know (BBC 'Saturday Club' 1965)
12 Boulevard de Madeleine (from the 'Boulevard de Madeleine EP 1966)
13 People Gotta Go (from the 'Boulevard de Madeleine EP 1966)
14 This is My House (But Nobody Calls) (from the 'Boulevard de Madeleine EP 1966)
15 Life’s Not Life (single 1967)
16 He Can Win (b-side of 'Life's Not Life')


No comments:

Post a Comment