Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Rutles - Ouch! (2017)

This week's post was going to be the last one in the series, as I'd exhausted the ones that I'd found on Youtube, and had used the couple that I'd made up myself based on track listings by TheLazenby and Rutles' Vinyls, and so I thought that was enough. However, after seeing how well-received the series has been I decided to see it through to the end, and so have now completed the whole discography. Working backwards, the next album released by the Pre-Fab Four was 'Ouch!', and now that we are getting towards the end of the series I've noticed that a few duplications of songs were starting to creep in, so where the same song is on two albums quite close together I've made a substitution, and I hope the compilers don't mind. Just a couple on here, as 'Now She's Left You' is also on 'Rutles For Sale' (next week's post), and 'Time To Kill' was on 'Semi-Automatic'. As 'I Must Be In Love' will appear on 'A Hard Day's Rut' in a few weeks I've used a 'live' version for this album.
After I posted this, TheLazenby made a good point, that when he compiled 'Rutle Sole' he included 'I'm Looking Good' as the equivalent of 'I'm Looking Through You' from the actual 'Rubber Soul', and bearing in mind that by substituting all the duplicated songs on 'Rutle Sole' we actually ended up with a Rutles album without a single song from the band themselves, I'm more than happy to reinstate it into its rightful place. I've just moved 'Summertime Kids' from 'Rutle Sole' to Ouch!', and this is what the new track listing looks like for that one.



Track listing

SIDE ONE
01 Ouch!  
02 Summertime Kids 
03 I Want To Be With You 
04 If You Need Me 
05 Baby Let Me Be 
06 Things You Don't Forget
07 I Can't Help Myself

SIDE TWO  
08 Act Naturally 
09 Tubas In The Moonlight 
10 That's Enough 
11 I Must Be In Love (live)
12 Mr. Sheene  
13 L'amour Perdu  

PERFORMERS
* The Rutles - 01, 05, 08, 11
* The Flame(s) - 04, 06, 07, 10
* Neil Innes - 13
* The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - 03, 09
* Dirk & Stig (Fataar/Idle) - 12
* Ollie Halsall 02

'Act Naturally' is a rehearsal take featuring Neil Innes and John Halsey.


No comments:

Post a Comment