Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Rutles - Rutles For Sale (2017)


More great 60's-style pop from the inimitable Rutles. Just a couple of changes on this album, as I've replaced 'I'm Talking About You' as it's already on 'A Hard Day's Rut' (next week's post), as is 'Between Us'. I've actually run out of suitable songs to substitute, so as this album was already well over 40 minutes long then the best option was to just remove 'Between Us'.



Track listing

SIDE ONE
01 No Reply  
02 Protest Song  
03 For Your Precious Love  
04 Pretty Woman 
05 Steppin' Ou  
06 Re-Cycled Vinyl Blues  

SIDE TWO
07 Eight Days A Week 
08 Glory Of Love  
09 Don't Ask Me What I Say  
10 White Cliffs Of Dover 
11 Now She's Left You 
12 Travelling Show
13 Hey Hey, Little Girl 

PERFORMERS

* The Rutles - 11
* The Flame(s) - 01, 03, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10
* Neil Innes - 02, 06
* Ollie Halsall - 05, 12, 13

9 comments:

  1. If there any material you need, I have a complete set of albums by the Bonzos, Ollie Halsall, Patto, Boxer, Timebox, etcetera to pull material from. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you still have the full discography of Patto, Boxer, and Timebox? would really appreciate it if you shared a link. Thanks

      Delete
    2. When I saw your comment I thought it was for me, so this is what I have. https://yadi.sk/d/0ITocxc9MuzUkQ

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the offer, but I've gone through all of those above and selected the songs that seemed to fit for the early style, and I've pretty much completed them all now. The 'Revolution' parody might have been good for one of the later albums, but 'The Shite Album' is still to come so it might fit on there. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh - it's pretty much a remake of Neil's "Them" with a voice repeating "number ten, number ten" over it! Still, better than nothing... and officially a Rutles song, at least!

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting. Could you send me a copy ans i'll slot it in 'The Shite Album'. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you kindly repost, I missed this when I was still OK with Zippy, but now I'm not, thanks.

    ReplyDelete