Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Rutles - Get Up And Go Again - Live (2019)

Well, I went to see the band last night, and it was a brilliant gig. They played just about everything I could have asked for, as well as a couple of George Harrison covers, and I decided to try to tape it on my mp3 player as a souvenir, and as it didn't come out totally unlistenable then here it is for anyone who wants to hear it. The vocals vibrate a bit on the loud songs, but I've toned down the bass to help, and Neil's banter is always worth hearing. Just try to ignore the idiot at the end who thought that banging his glass on the wall was better than applauding. 
I'm on holiday now for a week, so posts will resume when I get back



Track listing

01 I Must Be In Love
02 It's Looking Good
03 Ouch!
04 Between Us
05 Baby Let Me Be
06 Major Happy's Up And Coming Once Upon A Good Time Band
07 Questionnaire
08 Nevertheless
09 Joe Public
10 Lonely-Phobia
11 Living In Hope
12 Love Life
13 Let's Be Natural
14 Poem / Knicker Elastic King
15 Piggie In The Middle
16 Number One
17 Please Hold My Hand
18 Doubleback Alley
19 Good Times Roll
20 Another Day
21 Goosestep Mama
22 A Girl Like You
23 Hey Mister!
24 Handle With Care (George Harrison)
25 Easy Listening
26 Shangri-La
27 Cheese And Onions
28 Eine Kleine Middle Klasse Musik
29 Imitation Song
30 All Things Must Pass (George Harrison)
31 Blue Suede Schubert
32 Get Up And Go
33 Back In 64
34 I'll Sing You A Song

4 comments:

  1. "Cheese and Onions"! Hearty thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Album

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see the Rutles still out there. My friends and I can take a little credit for this--when Neil Innes came to Beatlefest in the US for the first time, my friends and I were sitting in the front row with letter signs to spell out "Cheese and Onions" at the appropriate time. Neil has said that this inspired him to reunite the band. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brett Alan:
    Ha. Thanks for sharing that. And thank you to you and your friends for the inspiring idea. How cool is that. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete