Sunday, December 27, 2020

Tangerine Dream - Second Day (1973)

I've now worked my way through the rest of the 'Phaedra' out-takes, and they are even better than my recent post, and certainly deserve to be housed on their own album. I've kept '2nd Day' as the lead track, and mixed '2nd Side piece 1' and '2nd Side piece 2' together for the b-side, and expanded the titles to make a superb 42 minute album. The cover is a painting entitled 'Morning, The Second Day' by Maurice Sapiro, which not only ties in perfectly with the title of the album, but I think also makes a great sleeve. There aren't enough out-takes for any further posts, but to get two complete albums from the leftovers of those recordings sessions is amazing, and I can only recommend this box set again to anyone with even the slightest interest in Tangerine Dream.



Track listing

01 Second Day
02 Second Side


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    the Zippy link is dead; could you please re-upload. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to take down and re-up as I found that I'd left 2 minutes of silence at the end of side two.

      Delete