Sunday, December 27, 2020

3D - Sleeping Gods (1984)

As promised in my first post from the band, here's a collection of songs recorded by 3D for a proposed album to be issued on the RAK label in 1984. There was well over an hour's worth of material taped, and so as not to make this album too long, I've kept back the three singles and their b-sides which were released as tasters for the record for a future post, leaving a nice, concise 40-minute album which could have come out in 1984. Even though I've confessed to having a liking for the band since their first Peel session, to me this still sounds a pretty good album even today, and hasn't really dated at all. I'm sure that had it been released as intended, it would have propelled the band into the indie mainstream, and they might have lasted a couple of years longer than they did.   



Track listing

01 Walk Away
02 Loneliest World
03 Points To You
04 Songs American
05 This Time Forever
06 Sleeping Gods
07 It's Only Life
08 Change Your Mind
09 Love Is Falling Apart
10 My Sleep
11 Brave Boys' Paradise
12 Dreamin' Of You


No comments:

Post a Comment