Sunday, December 27, 2020

Laura Marling - BBC Proms 2020 (2020)

I may have mentioned before that I'm a massive Laura Marling fan, having followed her from the very start of her career, and I've loved everything she's ever done. When I heard that she'd been selected to play a set as part of this year's Proms at the Royal Albert Hall, with orchestral arrangements by the pioneering un-conducted 12 Ensemble, I couldn't wait to hear it. It was broadcast on Sunday, and was every bit as good as I hoped it would be, and so for anyone who missed it here is an audio rip that you can download and listen to at your leisure. I'm sure that anyone who saw it would have come away a fan, even if they didn't really know her work. 



Track listing

01 The Suite: Take The Night Off / I Was An Eagle / You Know / Breathe
02 Tap At My Window
03 Fortune
04 The Valley
05 What He Wrote
06 Song For Our Daughter
07 For You
08 Blow By Blow
09 The End Of The Affair
10 Still Crazy After All These Years
11 Wild Fire
12 I Hope We Can Meet Again
13 How Can I?
14 Daisy
15 Once
16 Salinas
17 Next Time
18 Goodbye England (Covered In Snow)

The players:
Laura Marling (singer, guitar)
Nick Pini (bass)
12 Ensemble


5 comments:

  1. A wonderful present for all of her fans and those to be (there should be millions, if they only got a chance to listen ...). Thank you so much - and lots of respect for your excellent work on this blog. TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught a replay on BBC Radio 6, recorded it cause I am a big fan too. This is even better than my recording -- tags and even some nicely executed cover art. Thanks for the effort you put into this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please will you re-upload Laura Marling at the 2020 Proms. I can't wait to hear it again!

    ReplyDelete