Sunday, December 27, 2020

Peter Cook & Dudley Moore - Pete & Dud On.... (1971)

My first post from the UK comedy legends Peter Cook & Dudley Moore received some positive comments, so I know that there's a fanbase out there that appreciate and miss them. This post came about as I found a 'Pete & Dud' clip on Youtube that I hadn't seen before, and this is bearing in mind that I have every vinyl album that they released, as well as the 'Missing Sketches' DVD, so I thought I'd heard everything that was available to hear. Sometimes previously lost tapes turn up in remote foreign TV studios, where they were sent by the BBC for broadcast in that country, and the studio then forgot to return them, so it's possible that these clips were re-discovered in that way, but however they came to be online, there were nearly an hour's worth of Pete & Dud duologues which had never appeared on any of their records, and so if you're a fan then you're in for a real treat. Because of the age of the recordings there are a couple of glitches here and there, but on the whole the quality is excellent, and if you want to you can search on Youtube to see the actual clips of the shows from which these audio files have been taken.  



Track listing

01 Nighttime Disturbances
02 Women's Liberation
03 U.F.O.s
04 The Worst Bloody Thing That Could Happen To You
05 Reptiles
06 Hollywood Stars


6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for this but the first link doesn't work and the second says 'Download limit exceeded'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zippyshare link now added. Yandex does that in the first few days, as it only seems to let a certain number of people download per day, but if Zippyshare doesn't work for you try Yandex in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update!
    Where does 'Hollywood Stars' come from? Over the years I have collected recordings of Pete & Dud sketches but am not familiar with that one. This is what I have...

    Sex Fantasies (aka Bloody Greta Garbo) [1965]
    The Worst Thing in the World [1965]
    Art Gallery [1965]
    On The Bus [1965]
    Superstitions [1965]
    Religions [1965]
    By Appointment [1965]
    At The Zoo [1966]
    On Sex [1966]
    In Heaven [1966]
    The Paranormal (aka The Unexplained) [1966]
    The Bee Side [1967]
    The Trial [1968]
    Mrs Wooley's Curse [1968]
    Workout [1968]
    Dud Dreams (aka The Wardrobe) [1970]
    0-0 Dud [1970]
    On Cricket (Australia) [1971]
    Women's Lib (aka Tea for Two) [1971]
    At the BBC [1979]
    Magnolia Opus One [1979]
    The Reconciliation [1990]

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a live performance at the London Palladium in 1965.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great – thanks for the info. Let me know if you want any of the other recordings I have.

    Also, do you have any of these?:

    Series 2, Show 2: Pete & Dud – On Diseases
    Series 3, Show 3: Pete & Dud – Racial Prejudice
    Series 3, Show 4: Pete & Dud – The Futility of Life
    Series 3, Show 5: Pete & Dud – Heaving Thighs Across Manhattan
    Series 3, Show 6: Pete & Dud – As Nature Intended
    Series 3, Show 7: Pete & Dud – Self-Improvement

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Only..._But_Also#Off-Air_Audio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a look through your earlier list, and have most of the them on my vinyl records, and assuming that 'The Worst Thing In The World' is the same as 'The Worst Bloody Thing That Could Happen To You' from this post then I have the lot. I thought I'd found a new one, as according to Discogs there is a sketch on 'Once Moore With Cook' called 'At The School', but on checking my record it's actually 'At The Zoo', and is the same as 'Reptiles' on this post! I can't find any of those last six, so I guess they're gone for good.

    ReplyDelete