Sunday, December 27, 2020

Kossoff - Tuesday Evening (1973)

The 2013 deluxe re-issue of Paul Kossoff's first solo album, 'Back Street Crawler', included a number of bonus tracks, including six alternate takes of the opening track 'Tuesday Morning', done in blues, boogie, groove and rock style. As soon as I realised that they totaled 40 minutes of music, I thought that I could do something with them, so I've mixed them all together into one continuous 36-minute piece of music, which is different enough from 'Tuesday Morning' to be renamed 'Tuesday Evening'. Trying to transition from groove to boogie to blues wasn't easy, as they are all different tempos and styles, but on the whole I'm quite pleased with the result, and it does contain some superb guitar-work from Kossoff, ably assisted by Back Street Crawler, so I think it was worth the effort.   



Track listing

01 Tuesday Evening


No comments:

Post a Comment