Thursday, December 31, 2020

Cliff Richard - Reflections (1970) What The L?

This post has been up for about a week now and downloaded over 100 times, and I've been waiting for a comment on it, but so far nothing has appeared, so I'm adding this extra post. I based the cover on the Yugoslavian picture sleeve of his 1968 single 'Marianne', and I had to do quite a bit of tidying up, removing the name of the two songs on it and replacing them with the title of the album, and then trying to clean up the creases and faded parts of the cover. This took a while, and I was really pleased with the result, as I liked the concept and the picture that was used. About a week later I readied the post, uploaded the cover, gave it one last check over, and only then thought to myself, why are there two 'L's in Cliff!!!! This wasn't me, as here is the cover on Discogs, so it was sold like this, and now I know it I just can't un-see it, but did anyone else spot it?

Luckily I noticed it in time to add a corrected version to the folder, but how did I work so closely on this for about an hour and not see such a massive typo?



2 comments:

  1. After years of working with the legacy publishers I went indie a few years ago with my books. *Every* time I go through a galley before publication I find some stupid error or another. And then even after publication--but luckily it's easy to replace text in a digital book file. Anyway, the point is our eyes see what they expect to see and fill in or correct as needed.
    I'd looked at that cover and just read Cliff and it wasn't until you pointed it out that I saw the extra letter. And worse--even after that my brain kept auto-correcting his name anyway. We're weird creatures.
    Happy new year and thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it, but as I knew you usually used singles and the such for your covers, I figured it was an existing error and there was some reason for it that Cliff Richard fans already knew about.

    ReplyDelete