Friday, January 29, 2021

Little Quirks - Devil's Ivy (2020)

Little Quirks are an Australian indie folk band formed on the Central Coast of New South Wales in 2015 by sisters, Abbey Toole (guitar, lead vocals) and Mia Toole (drums, vocals), and their cousin Jaymi Toole (mandolin, vocals), and in 2019 they were joined by Jaymi's older brother Alex on bass guitar. When they started, Jaymi was 17 and Abbey was 15, while Mia was just 11 year old, and they busked at food markets, playing cover versions of tracks by the Cranberries, Of Monsters and Men, and Vance Joy. In 2016 they issued their first EP 'Where We Hide', which was produced by Abbey and Mia's father Adam Toole, who himself had played in bands Adam's Apple and Sugarmoth, and a second EP 'Suzie Knows' appeared in 2017. I first became aware of them in 2018 when I found some of their tracks on Soundcloud, and was impressed enough to follow them and discover more of their music. In January 2020 they issued their third EP 'Cover My Eyes', and have now have more than enough music for an album, so as they haven't released one then I'll do it for them, with a record that includes the very best of the songs from their three releases to date, plus a recent single and three tracks that are only available on Soundcloud.

01 Stay Awake 
02 Run Away  
04 Big Jet Plane
05 Unwinding  
06 Hold On 
07 I Told You So
08 Crumbled
09 Stand Still
10 Devil's Ivy
11 Where We Hide
12 Someone To Hold
13 Bury Our Bones



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Never heard of them but like those voices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make a tag with all the independent/new artists? I really want to know them. But i find it dificult to follow-up as you go, and i already lost some of them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Idea, as I'm clearing out my folder of these new bands and have quite a few to post in the coming weeks, so I'm tagging them all with 'Soundcloud'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not finding ANY of your stuff on SoulseekQT right now... has something changed? (FYI, I had been finding everything of yours with no problems). Burt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one works here. I do sometimes log off when I go to bed, so if nothing comes up at a certain time then try again in six hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks pj... that was the problem. (I should have remembered that... you told us previously :). Burt

    ReplyDelete