Friday, May 28, 2021

Canned Heat - Blues (1970)

When I put together my recent Canned Heat post, I wasn't trying to find rare recordings or non-album singles, as what I wanted to hear was an authentic blues album from the band, who were primarily known as the foremost exponents of blues/boogie. They did do straight-forward blues on their albums, but these were usually limited to just one song per record, and so it was actually quite difficult to find enough music to make up a blues album from them. By delving further back into their recordings I found that their aborted 1966 album contained some good stuff, so I was able to complete my project, and the result is a great pure blues album from Canned Heat, with nary a hint of the boogie.   



Track listing

01 Louise 
02 Nine Below Zero
03 TV Mama 
04 Going Down Slow 
05 Story Of My Life 
06 Marie Laveau
07 Mean Old World 
08 Terraplane Blues 
09 Sandy's Blues
10 Down In The Gutter, But Free 
11 London Blues 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for more Canned Heat...it is never enough, I love this band, especially the first formation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse my ignorance, but are these albums available to download ? Thanks in advance, This is a goldmine! I would love to hear the Dodgy tracks and much more, Amazing to have found this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full details about how to download these from Soulseek is on the top right of the page.

      Delete
    2. TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE?
      I just can't find any way how to download these to very interesting Canned Heat album... Can somebody please tell me how?

      Delete
    3. All the music is now stored on Soulseek, so instructions about how to get it and how to operate it are at the top right of the page. If you can't get it to work then just email the site at the address, also top right, and I'll send a link.

      Delete
  3. Got this and Poor Moon.
    Thanks for taking the time to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this and Poor Moon. Two excellent compilations, you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m using soulseek for years but can´t find your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all there. Try 'canned aiwe' for this one, and add 'aiwe' to one word from any other posts.

      Delete