Friday, May 7, 2021

The Rolling Stones - Travelin' Man (1970)

Once 'Necrophilia' had been put to one side I was able to remove the duplicate songs that were on there from the 'Catfish' bootleg that I'd found, and I ended up with 49 minutes of music, which I've re-sequenced and given a new cover, for the second of these collections of late 60's and early 70's rarities from The Stones. Following a comment about 'Loving Sacred Loving', I've determined that both that song and 'Shades Of Orange' were actually by Bill Wyman's proteges The End rather than the Stones. I first though that he might have taken the songs to rehearsals for the Stones to try out, but comparing both versions shows that isn't the case, so I've performed a major overhaul, removing those those two tracks, re-titled it and given it a new cover. Luckily it was a lengthy album, so is still 43 minutes long even after the edit, and I've also given the title track a proper intro compared to other bootlegs of the song.  

 
01 I Can See It (RCA Studios, Hollywood 1966)
02 Mr. Spector And Mr. Pitney Came Too (Regent Sound Studios, London 1964)
03 Cocksucker Blues (RS Mobile Recording Studio, Newbury 1970)
04 Leather Jacket (Olympic Sound Studios, London 1970)
05 Stuck Out All Alone (Olympic Sound Studios, London 1968)
06 Catfish (unknown studio or year)
07 Alladin Story (Trident Studios, London 1969)
08 And I Was A Country Boy (Olympic Sound Studios, London 1969)
09 Potted Shrimp (Olympic Sound Studios, London 1970)
10 Travelin' Man (Olympic Sound Studios, London 1970)

2 comments:

  1. Loving Sacred Loving is not the Stones, though - if I recall, it's Bill Wyman producing. The band is "The End"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Shades Of Orange' is also a song by The End, and I assumed that Wyman had taken it to the band and perhaps sung it himself, but it is identical to The End's version' so that kind of ruins this post. I'm going to take it down and have a rethink.

    ReplyDelete