Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday Brown - The Problem (1970)

For the final post in this series of forgotten girl singers of the 60's we go right back to one of the very first posts, from Friday Brown, in which I mentioned that Brown had written and recorded an unreleased concept albumin the early 70's. Although all of the songs and poems for it were written by Brown, with 'Gossip Song' having been originally created for two female voices, it was never completed or released. The album was put together by Ray at whitefiles.org, having been compiled from rough tracks and some studio quarter-inch tape masters, as well as other copies which had to be used because of damage to some of the master recordings. The concept documents the trials and tribulations that women faced in the late 60's in their personal lives and relationships, and is written completely from a female perspective, which in itself was pretty ground-breaking in 1970, so enjoy this lost album from an unjustly overlooked talent. 



Track listing

01 I Do Love You I
02 Today
03 Housework
04 Gossip Song
05 The Bathroom
06 Early Morning
07 Together
08 The Problem
09 Put Me Together
10 Simple Song - You And I
11 His Friends
12 Love Songs
13 Oh Woman
14 I Female
15 I'm Bored
16 The Anniversary
17 I Do Love You II

1 comment: