Monday, December 13, 2021

A little Christmas gift for you...


Mike S contacted me at the weekend and asked if I'd considered adding files inside the folders with the biogs and track listings, and while I know that Sonic does that on Albums That Never Were, it wasn't something that I'd thought about. However, when playing one of my '...and on guitar' albums I do sometimes have to refer to the site to see who the main artist was, as the tag only credits the guitarist, so it might be a good idea for that series. Mike suggested adding them as a pdf, and that would solve any issues for MAC users trying to open a Word doc, but it would be quite a task adding an extra file to each folder and then re-uploading them all to Yandex, and also re-sharing them on Soulseek, so the solution is that all the pdfs will be stored in one folder on Yandex. If you want them all then just download the folder, and if you don't then don't bother. I'll add the new pdf to the folder each time I post a new addition to the series, and then you can just slot it into the music folder. They're all there from Phil Manznaera onwards, and I'll add the rest later.

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! That Mike S must be quite a brilliant guy!!!

    ;-)
    Mike S

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Yandex system of delivering and obtaining downloads is perfect.

    Brilliant idea and no more "Soulseek" frustrations....which were high!!

    Stay Safe
    Cheers
    stephen

    ReplyDelete