Sunday, April 24, 2022

Bob Dylan - Yonder Comes Sin (1981) UPDATE

I was listening to this album recently and a couple of things occurred to me, which detracted from the complete listening experience of the album . Firstly, the coda of 'Blowing On The Water' which I tagged on to the end of 'Caribbean Wind' was too long. I still think it works nicely, but just when you expect it to gently fade away it just carries on going, so I've chopped about 40 seconds from it and I think it sounds much better. The other issue was with 'High Away', which once again just seemed to drag on too long, as well as having a false start in the middle, which I originally though would be OK to leave, but which does jar on repeated listens. On this one I've removed the false start, and also a couple of choruses either side of it, which tightens it up considerably, and instead of a rambling eight minutes, it's now a concise 4:52. Yandex links and Soulseek have been updated if you want to hear these edits, and see what you think. Obviously, if you prefer the originals then just ignore me.   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing these things for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This re-edit version is wonderful. Great work. Thank you!

    -RoBurque

    ReplyDelete