Friday, November 4, 2022

Charli XCX - Candyfloss (2010)

After signing to Asylum Records in 2010, Charli XCX took a break from music which she's described as a lost period in her life, and she eventually attended the Slade School of Fine Art at UCL before dropping out after her first year. In an interview with The Guardian, she said: "I was still in school, I'd just come out of this weird rave scene, and I wasn't really sure what to make of that. And when I got signed I hated pop music; I wanted to make bad rap music. I didn't know who I was. I didn't know what I liked. Even though I was signed, I was still figuring it out". She eventually flew out to Los Angeles to meet producers, and found it "wasn't working out for me" until she met with American producer Ariel Rechtshaid. Before that happened she was still recording her songs, and this third post features tracks recorded in 2010 and never released, and you can hear her music maturing, with the songs sounding more professional than those from 2008 and 2009. 



Track listing

01 A Princess Song
02 Dynamite
03 Interior
04 Boyfriend Material
05 Camdyfloss
06 Get Dirty
07 Supernova
08 X-Ray Spex
09 Angry All The Time
10 Atomic
11 Nothing Too Serious
12 Tulips In The Fields
13 Violins & Violence
14 Jungle
15 You, Me, And The Radio

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Loving what you're doing. Such a wide variety of music you post. Just wanted to let you know, track 13, "Machines," is not on here.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted. I was originally going to include that track until I realised that it was on the '14' album, so I removed it but didn't re-jig the track listing. Have also seen that 'Violins & Violence' was numbered incorrectly, so all now fixed.

      Delete