Sunday, November 13, 2022

Soulseek update

I recently treated myself to a new laptop, and over the last week I've pretty much got it knocked into shape, and now have everything where I want it, so the only thing left to do is to transfer all the albums from the site onto Soulseek on the new laptop. Unfortunately you can't upload multiple files, so every album will have to be uploaded individually, and also you can't have Soulseek open on two machines at the same time, so when I open it up on the new laptop the programme on the old one closes. This means that Soulseek will be unavailable for downloads at certain points over the next few weeks. If you try to download something and it doesn't work then try again the next day, as I'll only be updating for one day at a time, every few days (as I'm sure it will soon get pretty boring). Yandex will be unaffected, at least until my subscription runs out on Boxing Day, but I have a plan for that which will tide me over into the new year.  

2 comments:

  1. i would like to thank you for what you do. fantastic offerings and the option of yandex makes this site very user friendly. long may you wave ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The Yandex links are great. I tend to browse through the older entries & download when I want to listen to something, rather than stockpiling. Thank you for all your continuing hard work. Timbar

    ReplyDelete