Saturday, December 17, 2022

Yandex update 2

So Turbobit doesn't seem to be very popular, but then I haven't used the free version for years so don't know how bad it is. I've had a look through the other file-hosting services, and despite the fact that they banned me from their site a few years ago, I think Mega is worth a shot. I use the free version a lot and never have any issues, so I've uploaded the last two dozen posts as a test so see how you all get on with it. I'll give it a week or so to see what comments I get, and if it seems to be working then I'll upload some more posts over the next few weeks, and I might even try to upload everything in time, as their annual subscription seems fairly reasonable. Yandex have told me that my files will stay available for another month, although people seem to be having issues downloading already, so not exactly sure what's happening there. Let me know what you think of Mega, and I hope they don't look too closely at the files and try to ban me again. 

pj
 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for all these dealings. Personally, Soulseek wasn't working well enough for me, so I'm happy for these alternative options. If not Yandex, I do hope you'll find something that would provide a good and inexpensive solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you're doing! Mega works well for me. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soulseek has never worked for me. Yandex worked great. Mega works fine also. Thank you for your efforts to share the music and all the time it takes. Very appreciated. Merry Christmas. Hope you enjoy some time with family and loved ones. Wish you health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never had a problem with soulseek. Ive no idea why people have issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soulseek works most of the time fine for me. Turbobut free is extremely slow. Yandex is fine. Mega is excellent. But hey, it's your site. Whatever you use, I am grateful for the work you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree that I've never had any problems with Soulseek, and to be honest if it wasn't for that programme then half of the posts on the site wouldn't exist, as it's the best source of rare music out there. But, just like I could never get Spleeter to work, I guess it's not compatible with some people's equipment, which is why the alternative download option is there.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing these posts. I would be interested in hearing Volume 3 whenever time permits. On the subject of Soulseek, I've had no issues with it. Indeed, I've been able to find other items I've been looking for. Thanks for all you do. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEGA Is the best. Soulseek Is not bad at all but I'm using Android much more than PC these days. happy holidays and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting a problem with the Yandex links. Mega works great and Soulseek is good too. Thank you for putting all the great music out there.

    ReplyDelete