Thursday, December 15, 2022

Yandex update


We knew it was coming, but my subscription has finally run out with Yandex, as I can't get any money over to Russia to extend it due to the sanctions in place here. I'm now unable to upload any more files, but I have a back-up, as I have a Turbobit account which runs until April next year, so new files will be uploaded to that. Files can still be downloaded from Yandex until 27 January 2023, but after that all files will be locked. I could delete some of the older uploads to free up some space, and then if anyone wants them they can request in the comments and I can re-upload to Turbobit, so that's a possibility that I'll have to consider in the new year. Hopefully Turbobit will be user-friendly, but let me know it there are any problems with it. 

pj

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your work, best wishes for the season.
    The problem with turbobit is, it's very slow, unless you have a paid account, also sometimes difficult to acess (depending where in the world you are)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been my experience with Turbobit as well, in the U.S. Plus nowadays it seems it's much less frequently offered compared with the bigger providers -- and for that reason, subscribing to it for just one or two blogs that rely on it doesn't work for me economically.

      Delete
    2. Before I subscribed it used to work fine for me, but you just had to wait before you were allowed to download, and you couldn't do more than one at a time. I don't know what it's like now since I started my subscription. What are people's suggestions for the best host site? I used to get lots of complaints about the ads on Zippyshare, and have never really tried Mediafire. Are there any good new ones?

      Delete
    3. Mediafire in my experience deletes too many files, they are very vigilant on copyright issues, Mega is probably the easiest.

      Delete