Friday, July 21, 2023

Sky Ferreira - Wild At Heart (2013)

As mentioned in her last post, Sky Ferreira spent about five years trying to record her debut album, originally under the title of 'Cry Baby' in 2011, but when her record company refused to release it and offered her a five-track EP instead, she had to reluctantly accept that compromise. 'Wild At Heart' was the second attempt of her debut album, and after negotiating creative control she released her fifth single 'Red Lips', and began writing for a new album concept, pursuing a more "Blondie/rock sound". The album was supposed to be released sometime in 2012, but after numerous name changes, from 'Wild At Heart' to 'I'm Not Alright' to 'I Will', it was eventually scrapped, and five songs were extracted from the sessions and released as the 'Ghost' EP. There were two known singles which would have appeared on the album, being 'Red Lips' and 'Lost in My Bedroom', and there were apparently eleven confirmed tracks set to be on the record, with the opening song rumoured to be 'Werewolf (I Like You)', so pieced together from the leaked songs that have appeared online, here is Ferreira's second try at getting her music out there to the general public. This time I've left the five tracks from the 'Ghost' EP on the record, as they were all from the same sessions, and added six tracks to the two singles, making for a 50-minute album.   



Track listing

01 Werewolf (I Like You)
02 Red Lips
03 I'm On Top
04 On The Wire
05 Ghost
06 Femme Fatale
07 Lost In My Bedroom
08 I Can't Say No To Myself
09 Sad Dream
10 Everything Is Embarrassing (feat. Blood Orange)
11 Fucked From Above 1985
12 Cecil Diamond
13 Great Mistake

1 comment:

  1. When I try to download this one from Mega my computer keeps detecting a trojan virus. Just fyi. Not sure what's going on as I've never had this problem with your links before.

    ReplyDelete