Saturday, August 5, 2023

Bruce Springsteen - Across The River (1979) **UPGRADE**

When I first posted this collection of out-takes from 'The River' sessions, I did note that the vocals were mixed very low, and that in some cases they almost sounded like wordless guide vocals ready for over-dubbing later, but that never happened and so these are only versions of these songs out there. Since I posted the album there have been a number of innovations in music editing, one of which is that you can now use AI to split out the individual components of a track and remix them. Paul over at Albums That Should Exist is a great fan of this and uses it all the time, but I've never really tried it, and so I though that this was the perfect album to try it out on. I've therefore stripped out the vocals from all these songs and boosted the volume so that you can now hear them, and if anything it has just reinforced my opinion that they are guide vocals, as even at this new volume the lyrics are pretty much unintelligible. It's still good to hear them, though, as they do make these recordings sound more like songs than the quasi-instrumentals that they were before. The only one I didn't need to touch was 'In The City Tonight', so I hope that the rest of them now sound up to the quality of that track. The whole album has been updated on both Soulseek and Mega.  



Track listing

01 Out On The Run
02 The Man Who Got Away
03 Under The Gun
04 Chevrolet Deluxe
05 Night Fire
06 In The City Tonight
07 Slow Fade
08 Break My Heart
09 Find It Where You Can
10 Chain Lightning
11 I Don't Wanna Be

6 comments:

  1. Might wanna get this to Bruuuuce somehow, bet he doesn't even *remember* those guide vocals LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...not on your PDF yet... FYI

    ReplyDelete
  3. or is it under the original title buried down deep and not in the current top spot??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I replaced the original link further down the list.

      Delete