Sunday, August 4, 2024

Misty In Roots - Salvation (1988) **UPGRADE**

Another album that I listened to recently on headphones was my compilation of Misty In Roots' 12" singles, and as this is one of my very favourite reggae albums that I have posted, it was a bit annoying to hear that I'd had to use scratchy 12" singles as source material for some of the tracks. I have now managed to find CD quality versions of 'Rich Man', 'Salvation', 'Wondering Wanderer' (with corrected spelling), and 'Zapatta', and I've created a much smoother transition from the latter into the dub b-side, 'Viva Zapatta'. I've also located the dub versions of 'Own Them Control Them (Version)' and 'Together', and grafted them onto the singles, so here is a much improved, and extended, version of some hard to find music from one of the UK's best ever reggae bands. 



Track listing

01 Six One Penny (single 1978)
02 Oh Wicked Man (single 1978)
03 See Them Ah Come (single 1979)
04 How Long Jah (b-side of 'See Them Ah Come')
05 Rich Man (single 1979, plus dub)
06 Salvation (b-side of 'Rich Man')
07 Zapatta, Viva Zapatta (single 1980, plus b-side)
08 Wondering Wanderer (single 1981)
09 Cry Out For Peace (b-side of 'Wondering Wanderer')
10 Own Them Control Them (Version) (single 1986, plus dub)
11 Together (single 1988, plus dub)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that I so seldom reply here. Blame it on short attention span. By the time I see something here, contact you for the info, grab it, & listen enough to know what I think, I have forgotten that it would only be nice to comment. Just neglect on my part, which I'm trying to remedy now. I am a big fan of Misty in Roots. This is superb. The singles, Dubs, various other items. It is as you described it & I really appreciate all the work you do creating these gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the work involved in this upgrade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great upgrade, excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete