Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Cover upgrades

Both me and Paul over at albumsthatshouldexist have been experimenting with AI that can enhance, and remove the blurriness, from photographs. I have a number of album covers that use rare, low resolution photos of obscure bands and artists, and the one that Paul is raving about, Krea AI, can do some amazing reconstructions by filling in the missing parts by using guesswork to fill in the missing details, but some of the results were so extreme that they ended up looking a bit cartoonish. I therefore looked around for another programme that was a bit more subtle, and came upon Picwish. So now with two different programmes to choose between, I can add the finishing touches to my covers, and to give you an idea of what it can do, here is one that I always wished that I could have improved. This one used Krea AI, as the original picture was very blurry, and all I had to do was replace the enhanced neck, which came out like she had a rash. You can download it from this page if you want to replace the old copy in your folder, and I'll also replace it on the Soulseek.

Old version


Enhanced version  

I'll try to think of any more that need improvement, and if you have any suggestions then let me know. 

pj

No comments:

Post a Comment