Friday, July 31, 2026

Yes - Works (1976) **UPGRADE**

I've been listening to a lot or progressive rock recently, especially Pink Floyd, Genesis and Yes, since I discovered a Youtube channel called This Is Angelica. I'm not usually that interested in "reaction" videos, where you watch someone listen to a piece of music for the first time, but I was drawn in when I saw that the track that she was going to listen to was one of my all-time favourites - 'The Gates Of Delirium' by Yes. It turns out that she has only just discovered 70's progressive rock, and it is enjoyable to see her listen to songs that I've known for the last 50 years, and to realise that this music can still find new fans even after all this time. After listening to a few of her Yes videos it reminded me of a project that I've had on the back-burner for a while, and that's an upgrade to one of my early posts, where I used tracks from the members of Yes's solo albums from 1976 to make an equivalent to Emerson, Lake & Palmer's 'Works' album from the same period. When I first put it together I hadn't started to edit music tracks like I do now, and so I didn't cross-fade the tracks but just joined them together, and I always wanted to re-do it with crossfades rather than just one track after another, and so that's what you now have. Each of the six sides of music is now a suite rather than individual tracks, and hopefully this makes it flow much better than the previous version, so give it a try and see what you think. There are no drastic differences, other than re-arranging the running order of 'Suite 5' for a better listening experience, but I feel that the small changes are an improvement to the original post. And if you are into progressive rock then do check out Angelica's Youtube channel. 



Track listing

Suite 1:
a) Ocean Song  b) Impressions (The Dream)  c) Spring - Song Of Innocence  d) Avakak 

Suite 2:
a) Hold Out Your Hand  b) Solid Space  c) The Nature Of The Sea  d) To The Runner 

Suite 3:
a) Impact > Warmer Hands > The Storm  b) Moon Ra / Chords / Song Of Search

Suite 4:
a) Beginnings  b) Silently Falling

Suite 5:
a) Qoquaq Ën Transic / Naon / Transic Tö  b) Break Away From It All  
                                                            c) Symphony In The Space  d) Marching Into A Bottle

Suite 6:
a) Doors Of Sleep  b) Safe (Canon Song)  c) Ram

2 comments: