As a bit of a diversion, here's something that I found hidden away on the laptop the other day, and I can't really remember why I made it. I think that about four years ago I was experimenting with Audacity and playing around with overlaying and crossfading, and I decided to make a mixtape of relaxing instrumental music, but overlaid with the sounds of a thunderstorm, to give it a sort of meditative effect. Having played it after all this time, I can't even recall the names of all the tracks I used, although apart from the obvious ones like The Beach Boys, Fleetwood Mac, Santana and Brian Eno, I know that Tortoise are in there somewhere, so you could treat it as a quiz, and try to work out what all the pieces of music are. Or you could just pop it on when you need to relax after a stressful day.
Track listing
01 Songs For A Rainy Evening
In case you want to try to guess what music I've used, the titles that I do know are in the comments, so don't look until you've listened, and if you do recognise any of the pieces that I can't recall then let me know who it is and we'll try to complete the track listing.
01 Songs For A Rainy Evening
ReplyDeletea) Brian Eno - Another Green World
b) The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
c) Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
d) ?
e) Santana - Samba Pa Ti
f ) ?
g) Tortoise ?
h) Philip Glass - Opening
i ) Godspeed You! Black Emperor ?