Thursday, September 17, 2026

Nearly there with the cover art upgrades

I've now finished working my way through the whole site, and picked out the albums whose covers could do with improvement, and so here are the final batch that I've run through the programmes that I've been using. There will be one more batch in a few days which I was able to improve just by using colour adjustments and brightness/contrast, and then that will be every post updated. 
While I was adding the new cover the The Who's 'Rock Is Dead...Long Live Rock' I had a nagging feeling that there was something that I wasn't happy with on that album, and it was the fact that I had to use a live recording for the final reprise of the title track, and the sound was therefore a bit muddy compared to the other tracks. I've now boosted the high register to make it sound a bit clearer, and I've also removed the crowd at the end, so that the final chord ends the album in an echoey silence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment