Sunday, December 27, 2020

Laura Marling - Studio Sessions B Sides Live (2000)

Another very early compilation was one I put together of Laura Marling tracks, also posted on Limewire before her first album. I downloaded the first two and then promptly forgot that I had them until I stumbled on them some years later and realised just how good they were. I trawled the net and found another dozen songs that had never made it to CD to add to them, and burned them to a disc. For the cover I googled 'Laura Marling' and this picture came up, and even though it wasn't her I liked it so much that I used it anyway. I gave the album to a Laura Marling fansite some years ago, and so you may have already seen it around, but I haven't spotted it for some time so here it is again.





Track listing

01 Candlelight
02 Ghosts That Broke My Heart
03 Love Me Then Leave Me
04 The Man Who Sings About Romance
05 I'm A Fly
06 Karma
07 Soulless Child
08 Anywhere With Meaning
09 I Know You!!
10 Mexico
11 Such A Shame
12 Mary
13 It's Only My Opinion
14 Oh Mama How Far I've Come
15 5 Years

I'm still  huge fan of Laura, and I consider that some of these songs stand up well against her later work.

   

3 comments:

  1. As I work my way through your amazing blog, I have come across a link that doesn't work. If not too much trouble, would you mind re-upping. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete