Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Rutles - A Hard Day's Rut (2017)

This is the soundtrack album to The Rutles first foray onto the big screen in 'A Hard Day's Rut'. The original track listing included 'High School Hermit' by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, but this was never properly recorded by the group, and is only available on a live TV broadcast, with the quality somewhat letting it down compared to the other tracks on the album, and so I was reluctant to include it. However, I have downloaded it and carried out a couple of (I hope) subtle edits to remove the comedy sketch in the middle, and it's included as a bonus if you want to add it back into your own copy. 'Fresh Wound' and 'I Want To Be With You', both by the Bonzos, are already on 'Rutle Sole' and 'Ouch!', so have been substituted. 



Track listing

SIDE ONE
01 I Must Be In Love  
02 Lovers Leaping
03 With A Girl Like You  
04 Between Us  
05 I Love You 
06 I'm So Happy

SIDE TWO
07 I'm Talking About You 
08 Boring 
09 Lonely-Phobia 
10 See Me Back 
11 One Of These Days 
12 Nobody

Bonus track
13 High School Hermit

PERFORMERS
* The Rutles - 01, 03, 04, 05, 09,
* The Flame(s) - 06, 07, 10, 11, 12
* Neil Innes - 08
* Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - 13
* Ollie Halsall - 02 


2 comments:

  1. When I did my Hard Day's Rut, including "I Love You" was my one regret, because three VERY similar songs were put side by side. (I also didn't realize "I Love You" was meant as a sort of Rutles "It's Only Love" instead, but it sounds more like a AHDN track.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be possible to do a Past Masters

    ReplyDelete