Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Rutles - Rutle Sole (2017)

TheLazenby recently asked me if I was going to re-post some of the earlier albums and substitute songs which have already appeared on other albums, as I have done on recent posts, and I originally said that I wouldn't be doing that, as there weren't that many and I'd run out of suitable songs to use, so I'd just leave them as they were. But as I was finalising one last album I discovered that in fact all of the duplications were on just one post, so if I added a few substitutions to 'Rutle Sole' then every album would have a unique track listing, so that was definitely worth doing. It helped that I'd also discovered a new batch of Neil Innes and Ollie Halsall songs that I could use, and so here is 'Rutle Sole' with four substitutions, meaning that there should no longer be any albums with the same song on them. If there are then I've missed it, so please let me know.  



Track listing

SIDE ONE
01 Yellow Van
02 If You Think You're Groovy 
03 You Done My Brain In 
04 Singing A Song Is Easy
05 Restless
06 Love The Girl 
07 Randy Raquel

SIDE TWO
08 Boring 
09 Lady 
10 Song For Yvonne 
11 See Me Back
12 This Love Of Ours
13 Fresh Wound 
14 It's Looking Good

PERFORMERS

* The Rutles 14
* Timebox - 01
* The Flame(s) - 02, 05, 06, 09, 11
* Neil Innes - 04, 07, 08, 10, 12
* The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - 03, 13

12 comments:

  1. There's only one problem (you're gonna hate me for this)..... you need "It's Looking Good"! XD It was meant as the Rutles' "I'm Looking Through You", and is "from the LP Rutle Soul" in the liners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not swap what song you used here with "It's Looking Good" on.... Ouch, I think it was?

      Delete
  2. Now I'm curious what you'll do for "A Hard Day's Rut" - it looks like all the songs I used on mine, you've used elsewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't mind, I'm gonna take my own stab at "Rutle Soul". :) I have most of a tracklist - and surprisingly, it's VERY different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say, mine has only four songs in common - one of them used for a different Beatles track as well. :)

      Delete
    2. Go for it. Are any of the tracks used on other albums, though, as that's always been my main aim - to make a discography where no song is on more than one album, and so we must be getting very short on unused songs now.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yeah. You've used the songs elsewhere, I'm sure. But I'm not following any canon except my own (Please Rut Me, Sgt Rutter, Shabby Road, and A Hard Day's Rut). :)

      Delete
    4. Let me know when it's done as I'd still like to hear it.

      Delete
  4. Great job on these albums. But why does the cover here say "sole" instead of "soul"? Inside joke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I'd never spotted that, and neither had anyone else. Even the Rutles wiki-fandom page had 'Soul' in the text next to a picture saying 'Sole'. I'm updating the title so that I don't have to reupload, as I do actually like this cover the best.

      Delete
  5. Which song is supposed to be "In My Life"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really sure, as I used track listings found here https://rutlesriki.fandom.com/wiki/The_Rutles:_Complete_Discography, so they'd already been compiled before I came along.

    ReplyDelete